Marysville

 

Marysville Hebrew Cemetery

Founded - 1855 
First burial - 1855
Last burial - 1945
46 headstones visible


 
 

The Marysville Hebrew Benevolent Society may have existed as early as 1852 and its bylaws stated, "The funds of the society shall be appropriated as follows: Relief to the poor, needy, sick, and the burial of the dead of the Hebrew persuasion in Marysville and vicinity." In 1853 the first religious services were held and on August 28, 1855 land was purchased for the cemetery. Congregation B'nai Brith was organized November 8, 1857.

Site is within the Marysville City Cemetery. Gate is locked and an appointment must be made with the cemetery director for entrance.