Nevada City Jewish Cemetery
Founded - 1854
First burial - 1856
Last burial - 1890
Rededicated as a historical site
on October 29, 1972
29 headstones visible
The Nevada Hebrew Society was organized in 1855 "to hold religious services, maintain a burying ground for members and others, and assist the needy with pecuniary aid." In 1857 the society numbered twenty members.
Bounded by Searls Avenue near Walrath Avenue and King Hiram Lane. Gate is locked, please contact the Commission for entrance.