Sonora Hebrew Cemetery
Founded - 1853
First burial in 1853
Last burial in 1977
Rededicated as a historical site
on January 13, 1974
44 headstones visible
Sonora had a Hebrew Benevolent Society possibly as early as 1851 when the Hebrew Congregation of Sonora was established, and in 1853 land was acquired for a burial ground. By 1860 it had become the Sonora and Columbia Hebrew Benevolent Society, including members of the neighboring town of Columbia.
Bounded by Yaney Avenue, North Seco and Oak Streets. Entrance to the cemetery grounds may be obtained by visiting the Tuolumne County History Museum.